News Items from Lakeside:
1. School picture day is Wednesday, October 5th! Photos will be taken throughout the late morning and early afternoon.
2. Book Fair: Our book fair runs from Monday, October 3rd through Friday, October 7th until 3:00 P.M. The book fair is a fundraiser that benefits the school library program. Funds are used to purchase student requested titles, special kits, and more. Each year we work hard to purchase those items and other materials that meet the school library program criteria. We look forward to your community support as we build a student-centered library program!
NEW EXTENDED HOURS: This year we will host evening shopping hours on:
* Monday, October 3rd from 4:15 - 6:15 P.M.
* Wednesday, October 5th from 6:00 - 8:00 P.M.
Evening shopping hours will only accept eWallet, credit cards, and checks.
3. As October approaches, the Counseling Department is starting to plan for the holidays. We have help available for both Christmas and Thanksgiving that we offer to families each year. If your family is in need of Thanksgiving food, or information on the 2022 Toy Lift Foundation, please contact either Cabell Guy (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Heather Lindsay (email@example.com) and we will reach out to help discuss next steps.
4. After School Tutoring: Did you know that Lakeside offers a free after school tutoring program? Sessions run from 4:00-5:00 Monday through Thursday. Algebra tutoring is prioritized for Tuesday and Thursday.. Interested students or families can contact Ms. Saulle in the counseling office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 434-975-0599.
5. Food Drive: The Lakeside SCA will be holding a food drive to benefit Hungry Hearts No More Food Pantry. Hungry Hearts No More serves our local community by providing bi-weekly food meal boxes to families in need. The Lakeside SCA will be collecting food from October 10-October 26. Suggested donations include canned foods, boxed pastas/rice, peanut butter, jelly, oatmeal, pancake mix/Bisquick, pasta sauce, instant potatoes, and tortillas. A more extensive list will be provided next week and will be shared with students.
This Week at LMS:
Monday, October 3rd: Black Day
Book Fair evening hours (4:15 - 6:15 PM)
Tuesday, October 4th: Teal Day
Wednesday, October 5th: Black Day
Book Fair evening hours (6:00 - 8:00 PM)
Thursday, October 6th: Teal Day
Dungeons and Dragons club: 4:10 - 6:00 PM
Friday, October 7th: Black Day