News Items from Lakeside:
- AHS Girls Basketball Summer Workouts: Any rising 9th grade girls interested in basketball are welcome to attend whenever you are able to. Contact Coach Barbour (email@example.com) or the AHS Athletics Department for questions. This schedule will remain consistent through July 21.
Mondays and Wednesdays— conditioning, 6:30-7:30pm @AHS (unless otherwise communicated).
Fridays—basketball/open gym, 6-7:30pm @AHS
- Summer Opportunity: Basketball Camp @ AHS: Open to Boys and Girls. Ages: Rising 3rd Graders - Rising 9th Graders. Cost: $100 per session or $180 for both sessions . The camp includes:
-Fundamental Station Work
-Individual Drills and Team Play
-Free Throw Contest and Awards
-Camp Reversible Jersey
For more information, click here.
- Summer opportunity: Football camp @ AHS: Join us at one or more of the 2023 Albemarle Gridiron Club Football Camps sponsored by AHS Head Coach Brandon Isaiah. These camps are open to all surrounding area students.
**Football Camp I - June 19th & 20th
**Football Camp 2 - June 22nd & 23rd
**Football Camp 3 - July 12th
All camps will be held from 8:30am - 12:30 pm at Albemarle High School. The registration fee for the 2-day camps is $75 and includes both days of camp. A light lunch will also be provided. Registration fee for the one-day camp July 12 is $50.
Don't miss this opportunity to learn more about the game of football or work on your football skills. There will also be guest speakers throughout camp. Camp is open to all ages 5 and up. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are you a Mountain Biker? Are you curious about Mountain Biking? The AHS Mountain Bike team is starting to think about the Fall season and is looking for new riders. We are especially looking to expand our number of FEMALE riders. No tryouts and No previous experience. The only requirements are a good attitude and a willingness to get and stay fit. The team has a (very) limited number of “loaner” bikes that are available for first-time riders who what to give the sport a try. Practice starts the week of August 21. 8th-11th graders who are interested in more information should contact Michael Greco at email@example.com. or Sandra Holbrook at firstname.lastname@example.org
Albemarle County Parks and Rec Summer Camp at Lakeside: Albemarle County Parks and Recreation will be running a Summer Camp at Lakeside Middle School July 3-28. The flyer with registration information is found here.
This Week @ LMS:
Monday, June 5th: Teal Day
Field Day 2023
Tuesday, June 6th: Black Day
Wednesday, June 7th: Teal Day
Thursday, June 8th: Black Day
10:00 - 11:15: 8th Grade Ceremony
Friday, June 9th: Teal Day
1:00 Dismissal for students
You made it - Happy summer!
Library Book Return: Attention! Attention! The library is starting to process books checked out from earlier in the year. Please help us refresh our records by encouraging your student to return missing and/or overdue books. We are primarily focused on collecting materials from 8th graders as they prepare to move onto the high school. If a student is in the middle of a title or would like to have access to as set of titles thoughout the summer, I am more than happy to assist. Please send your student to the Lakeside Library before the last day of school so we can discuss their needs and refresh their records. Thank you again for your support and helping us keep materials circulating for all students to enjoy!
Lakeside Library is still accessible this summer! Stay tuned for information regarding limited library summer hours..
- ACPS Middle School Sports
- Anonymous Alerts
- High School Program of Studies
- Middle School Program Guide
- New Student Registration
- PowerSchool Help
- Report a Student Absence
- Schoology Help